Saturday, August 2, 2008

Webquest of Monster

I discovered a webquest for Monster that I will definitely refer back to next year when I use this text in literature circles. The webquest can be found at: www.garfield.sparcc.org/Middle/special_ed/Cozad/monster/MONSTER. I was particularly fond of this webquest, as opposed to the others that I reviewed, because I thought the webpage was easy to manage and the task itself to be worthwhile and thought-provoking for students. The page, that is, is easy to navigate with five sections that guide students through the assignment at hand. The project is centered on investigating juvenile delinquency and the death penalty and asks students to consider several higher-order thinking questions as they search related links and look to write their final essay on the topic. The attached rubric is also conveniently provided and clearly defines the expectations for the project. I will definitely use this webquest as a reference for next year and think it is a worthwhile site for anyone else teaching 8th grade to check out as well.

No comments: