Friday, July 11, 2008

Stargirl Webquest

I have always liked the idea of web quests for many reasons. First off, technology is important and it is not going away anytime soon. It is important to teach our students how to use technology, and not just MySpace. Web quests teach students how to find important information online, and learn how to navigate the internet in the process. There are a lot of great web quests available, especially for middle schoolers! One of the books my students always gravitate towards is Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. http://www.parkridge.k12.nj.us/mmuller/stargirlwebquest.htm is a web quest that works great as both an introduction to web quests as well as a study of the book. There are very simple and tasks that would be great for 7th graders just learning what is expected, and later students could move on to more advanced web quests, and possibly start creating their own!

1 comment:

Dr. G said...

I read Stargirl for the first time this year when I saw several sixth grade girls reading it. I have to say, I really liked it. I read the sequel as well.